kudos scott. It all seems to be working without a hitch now.
For those following along, the major issue for me seemed to be a conflict in how spamassassin and psa-spamassassin worked (or didn't work) together. So in the end I Uninstalled psa-spamassassin, installed the latest version of SpamAssassin from the ART repos, then manually re-installed psa-spamassassin from the ART repos. I ran qmail-scanner-reconfigure after each step to make sure, not sure if that's technically necessary or not.
My fix for pyzor was a simple one. In its /root/.pyzor/servers file it listed a specific IP number and port to use for connection. I had the port blocked in my firewall, of course. So opening that port up for UDP Out got it working.
At the end of the day it looks like everything is working as hoped. Plus with psa-spamassassin installed again users can set their own hit limit, with the automatic delete feeding off of the number they enter.
The only other tweak I made was to include the QS_SPAMASSASSIN-"on" line to smtp_psa and smtps_psa files in /etc/xinetd.d/ to have SA score those emails.
I've gotta do this on a brand new RHEL server in a few days. I think I'll start that out by removing psa-spamassassin before I do anything else. Hopefully that'll get it working right from the get go.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum