It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 pm

» Feed - Atomicorp

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Auth.net crashed, but I got an invoice number emailed to me
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 pm 
Forum User
Forum User

Hi there,

I've been trying to get your auth.net page to accept our credit card. It has been throwing errors all morning. The last attempt, it crashed hard, but then I received a Purchase Confirmation email with invoice#4511. It also lists auth.net transactionid 4135271075.

I did not get my subscriptionid email yet. When I go to the control panel, it tells me that I don't have any current subscriptions.

Can I get help with this? The card was charged the 199.95.

thanks,
Bill

Post subject: Re: Auth.net crashed, but I got an invoice number emailed to
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:10 pm 
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Authorize.net is reporting that the payment is "Captured/Pending Settlement " which means your bank and/or CC company has neither approved nor declined the payment. So you have not been charged yet, and once the bank/CC company makes a decision one way or the other, then the transaction will be approved or declined. When we see this kind of status it generally takes 24 hours for the bank/CC company to make a decision.

We wish there was more we could tell you, but thats all we know about the transaction. As soon as the bank/CC company makes a decision we will let you know.

Co-Author of Troubleshooting Linux Firewalls.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 am 
Forum User
Forum User

Thanks for digging into the auth.net data again for me.
This morning I got my confirm email and my account info.

thanks!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 pm 
Forum User
Forum User

Hi there,

I am being told that our credit card was charged twice. We only wanted one license.

Your invoice numbers: 4508 and 4511. Our customer number is 1746.

We want to keep the license attached to invoice 4508.

Please refund the 199.99 charge associated with invoice number 4511, but leave the 199.99 charge for the license associated with invoice 4508.

thanks,
Bill

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 pm 

(You may want to use support for this, I wouldn't recommend discussing details of credit card purchases on a public forum)

I wish we could help you, I just looked again and 4508, and 4509 and 4510 were all declined. Only 4511 was approved by your bank, all your other charges were declined:

<REDACTED> 4510 Declined 26-Jan-2012 11:35 H<Redacted Last Name>, M<Redcated First Name> M <LAST FOUR CC REDACTED> 199.95 <REDACTED> 01/26/2012
<REDACTED> 4509 Declined 26-Jan-2012 10:15 H<Redacted Last Name>, M<Redcated First Name> M <LAST FOUR CC REDACTED> 199.95 <REDACTED> 01/26/2012
<REDACTED> 4508 Declined 26-Jan-2012 10:09 H<Redacted Last Name>, M<Redcated First Name> M <LAST FOUR CC REDACTED> 199.95 <REDACTED> 01/26/2012

So unfortunately theres nothing we can refund, your bank didn't give any money to us for these - if they did take it from you then they made a mistake and they need to fix this. Given the weird errors they made with your declines its definitely worth a conversation with them. Even the payment processor says they can't do anything about, they were reported as declined for them too.

I wish we could fix this for you, I really do, but there's no action we can take as there's nothing for us to refund. This is clearly a mistake with your bank.

Also, I'd recommend not using a public forum to discuss your credit cards purchases, its possible that information could be used somehow to defraud you. I'd suggest you use the support email address for further correspondence on such a sensitive topic.

Co-Author of Troubleshooting Linux Firewalls.

» Feed - Atomicorp