thanks for the posts. I don't have Virtuozzo/Open VZ. But the server had decided that without the filecheck/fix, it was not going to allow any more remote root access.
breun (highly recommended for IT support if required) then took it over and did a great job for my sanity:
- Remove Dr. Web (and other filters if present)
- Install qmail-scanner from ART with ClamAV and SpamAssassin
- Check all MySQL databases and perform an optimize and/or repair if necessary
Additionally, we have:
- Disabled ossec-rootcheck in /var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf to lower I/O load
- Lowered the Apache preform maximums in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to an appropiate limit corresponding to the amount of RAM in your server
- Installed some yum plug-ins for ease and better performance when using yum
- We have also recommended a RAM upgrade.
and I have today taken on a software designer to help me and I hope now to be able to help more people in this forum in the future. THANK YOU all
. A good end to a horrible night last night. And I think an HP VM blade will be my next purchase.